The follow rules are codified as follows…
- Title 36. Parks, Forests, and Public Property
- Chapter I. NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
- Part 3. BOATING AND WATER USE ACTIVITIES
§ 3.6 What are the requirements to operate a power driven vessel?
(a) To operate a power-driven vessel on park waters, a person must be either:
(1) At least 16 years old; or
(2) Between 12 and 15 years old and accompanied on the vessel by a person at least 18 years old.
(b) If a park area is located within a State having different age requirements, then the applicable State law is adopted in lieu of paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) If a park area is located within a State having a mandatory boater education requirement, then that State requirement is adopted.