The follow rules are codified as follows…
- Title 36. Parks, Forests, and Public Property
- Chapter I. NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
- Part 3. BOATING AND WATER USE ACTIVITIES
§ 3.15 What is the maximum noise level for the operation of a vessel?
(a) A person may not operate a vessel at a noise level exceeding:
(1) 75dB(A) measured utilizing test procedures applicable to vessels underway (Society of Automotive Engineers SAE – J1970); or
(2) 88dB(A) measured utilizing test procedures applicable to stationary vessels (Society of Automotive Engineers SAE – J2005).
(b) An authorized person who has reason to believe that a vessel is being operated in excess of the noise levels established in paragraph (a) of this section may direct the operator of the vessel to submit the vessel to an on-site test to measure the noise level.