The follow rules are codified as follows…
- Title 36. Parks, Forests, and Public Property
- Chapter I. NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
- Part 2. RESOURCE PROTECTION, PUBLIC USE AND RECREATION
§ 2.10 Camping and food storage.
(a) The superintendent may require permits, designate sites or areas, and establish conditions for camping.
(b) The following are prohibited:
(1) Digging or leveling the ground at a campsite.
(2) Leaving camping equipment, site alterations, or refuse after departing from the campsite.
(3) Camping within 25 feet of a water hydrant or main road, or within 100 feet of a flowing stream, river or body of water, except as designated.
(4) Creating or sustaining unreasonable noise between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., considering the nature and purpose of the actor’s conduct, impact on park users, location, and other factors which would govern the conduct of a reasonably prudent person under the circumstances.
(5) The installation of permanent camping facilities.
(6) Displaying wildlife carcasses or other remains or parts thereof, except when taken pursuant to § 2.2.
(7) Connecting to a utility system, except as designated.
(8) Failing to obtain a permit, where required.
(9) Violating conditions which may be established by the superintendent.
(10) Camping outside of designated sites or areas.
(c) Violation of the terms and conditions of a permit issued in accordance with this section is prohibited and may result in the suspension or revocation of the permit.
(d) Food storage. The superintendent may designate all or a portion of a park area where food, lawfully taken fish or wildlife, garbage, and equipment used to cook or store food must be kept sealed in a vehicle, or in a camping unit that is constructed of solid, non-pliable material, or suspended at least 10 feet above the ground and 4 feet horizontally from a post, tree trunk, or other object, or shall be stored as otherwise designated. Violation of this restriction is prohibited. This restriction does not apply to food that is being transported, consumed, or prepared for consumption.