The following rules are codified as follows…
- Title 36. Parks, Forests, and Public Property
- Chapter I. NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
- Part 7. SPECIAL REGULATIONS, AREAS OF THE NATIONAL PARK SYSTEM
§ 7.37 Jean Lafitte National Historical Park.
(1) Unless otherwise designated, fishing in a manner authorized under applicable State law is allowed.
(2) Within the Barataria Marsh unit, the superintendent may designate times and locations and establish conditions governing the taking of crayfish upon a written determination that the taking of crayfish:
(i) Is consistent with the purposes for which the unit was established; and
(ii) Will not be detrimental to other park wildlife or the reproductive potential of the species to be taken; and
(iii) Will not have an adverse effect on the ecosystem.
(3) Violation of established conditions or designations for the taking of crayfish is prohibited.
Leave A Comment