The following regulation is codified within New York Codes, Rules and Regulations (NYCRR) under…
- Title 6, Department of Environmental Conservation
190.33 William C. Whitney Area
For the purposes of this section, William C. Whitney Area means those forest preserve lands situated in the Town of Long Lake, Hamilton County, New York and being portions of Townships 23 and 36 of Totten and Crossfield’s Purchase as acquired from Whitney Industries, LLC by deeds dated June 1, 1998. Included within this area is the 80± acre Headquarters Lot, being that triangular shaped parcel of land bounded on the north by County Route 10, on the east by the County Route 10A bridge over the watercourse known as the Bog Stream, and on the south by the shoreline of Little Tupper Lake. The Headquarters Lot includes the former Whitney Headquarters complex and the buildings associated therewith.
(b) Within the William C. Whitney Area, it is unlawful for any person to:
(1) Enter into or upon any road, trail, land, lake, pond, river, or stream with a mechanically propelled vessel, motor vehicle, snowmobile, chainsaw, or generator, except that:
(i) motor vehicles are permitted within the 80± acre Headquarters parcel; and
(ii) parties holding reserved contractual rights are not subject to this regulation with respect to certain limited uses of mechanically propelled vessels on Little Tupper Lake and certain limited motor vehicle access over Burn Road. This exception applies only to the extent that such activities are in strict conformance with the terms of said contract provisions and the companion deed restrictions.
(2) Alight on any road, trail, land, lake, pond, river or stream in an aircraft.
(3) Park a motor vehicle anywhere except in designated parking areas.
(4) Park a motor vehicle with a horse trailer anywhere except in parking areas designated for their use.
(5) Camp anywhere except at an officially designated campsite marked by an official sign.
(6) Camp in a group larger than eight people.
(7) Build a fire anywhere except at a designated campsite in a fire ring provided by the department.
(8) Launch a boat anywhere except at an officially designated location marked by an official sign.
(9) Trap within the Headquarters Lot.
(10) Have an unleashed dog within the Headquarters Lot.
(11) Fail to obey the special fishing regulations for the area contained in section 10.3 of this Title.
Leave A Comment