Locations depicted on this Idaho rest area map were gathered from the Idaho Department of Transportation. These are all of the state’s official rest areas. Click on each map marker for additional details…
Idaho Rest Area Rules
The following is a list of rules for Idaho Rest Areas. These rules were adopted by the Idaho Department of Transportation. They have been codified into the Idaho Administrative Code. Text of these rules have been edited for easier reading. To see the full, actual text of the rules, please visit, “Rules for Using Rest Areas in Idaho“.
- Maximum length of stay is 10 hours on Interstate rest areas, and 16 hours at all other rest areas.
- Camping is not permitted.
- Fires are not permitted, except for barbecues and gas grills.
- Dogs and cats must be leashed, caged, or under physical control.
- Selling services or products, or vending of any kind, is prohibited.
- Running your generator all night is prohibited.
- Dumping your gray or black tank is prohibited, except into a waste contained designed for this purpose.
- Dumping trash that was brought in from your home, or another campsite.
- Driving in excess of 15 MPH.
- Parking your RV or trailer in a location not designated for such vehicles.
More About Idaho Rest Areas
More About Boondocking in Idaho
More About Overnighting at Rest Areas & Truck Stops
Available at Amazon.com...
Note: the above list of books are not endorsed by Boondocker's Bible, but are recommended because they provide information relevant to this article. Boondocker's Bible will earn a commission on the sales of these books to help support our goal of providing free boondocking education to the public.