Presented here is a Nevada rest area map that was created using data collected from Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT). This map was created on October 2, 2023. Also included is a set of rules for using Nevada rest areas.
Nevada Rest Area Map
Click on a map marker to see more information about that rest area…
Nevada Rest Area Rules
The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) has adopted rules into the Nevada Administrative Code under Title 408.595 through 408.615 with respect to use of its highway rest areas. The following is a synopsis of these rules…
- Parking, camping, or occupancy is limited to 18 hours in any 2-week period.
- All animals and pets must be on a leash.
- Fires are not permitted, except for in a barbecue or gas grill.
- Trash receptacles may only be used for waste accumulated while traveling. You cannot dump trash brought in from home.
- Do not dump waste water anywhere, except in a RV dump station designed for such purpose.
- A sewer hose must be used when dumping tanks.
- Commercial vehicles cannot use RV dump stations.
- Commercial vehicles cannot use the rest area for unloading or transferring cargo.
- Exhibiting or using firearms or weapons is prohibited.
- Loitering near any toilet facility is prohibited.
- Drunkenness is prohibited.
- Any use of the electricity in a restroom to operate a home appliance is prohibited.
- Detaching a trailer from the tow vehicle is prohibited, except in the case of emergency repairs
You can see the full text of the rules, word-for-word, at, “Rules for Using Rest Areas in Nevada“.
More About Nevada Rest Areas
More About Boondocking in Nevada
More About Overnighting at Rest Areas & Truck Stops
Available at Amazon.com...
Note: the above list of books are not endorsed by Boondocker's Bible, but are recommended because they provide information relevant to this article. Boondocker's Bible will earn a commission on the sales of these books to help support our goal of providing free boondocking education to the public.