Included here are the official, complete texts of laws and regulations relating to camping and overnight parking in the State of Montana. These are not all of the laws and rules currently in existence, just only those we’ve compiled thus far.
Montana Administrative Rules
Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks (FWP)
These rules apply to all state-managed recreation areas in Montana, including state parks, recreation areas, state monuments, fishing access sites, and wildlife management areas…
- Rule 12.8.202 Weapons and Fireworks – Restricts weapons and bans fireworks
- Rule 12.8.203 Control of Animals – Restrictions on bringing pets
- Rule 12.8.204 Vehicles – Rules for driving vehicles
- Rule 12.8.205 Camping, Day and Group Use – Rules for camping
- Rule 12.8.206 Fires – Rules for campfires and other fires
- Rule 12.8.207 Property Disturbance – Rules for gathering firewood
- Rule 12.8.208 Disorderly Conduct – Rules for fighting, indecent exposure, and running generators
- Rule 12.8.209 Restricted Areas and Night Closures – Hours of operation
- Rule 12.8.210 Sanitation and Litter Waste Disposal – Dumping trash, gray water, etc.
- Rule 12.8.212 Boating and Swimming
- Rule 12.8.213 Recreation Use Fees – Establishes the requirement to pay fees
- Rule 12.8.301 Montana State Golden Year’s Pass – Regarding unauthorized use of pass