North Creek runs alongside Kolob Terrace Rd through the town of Virgin, UT, about 20 minutes to the west of Zion National Park. We put together this North Creek dispersed camping map to help people find free camping and boondocking near Zion National Park.
North Creek Dispersed Camping Map and Rules
This map depicts all the popular boondocking and free camping locations along North Creek and Kolob Terrace Rd…
Campsites depicted in the map above are not official campsites designated by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). They are simply locations where people often boondock or disperse camp, and where the BLM has historically allowed camping to continue.
There are no camping fees, permits, or passes required to camp along North Creek.
North Creek Dispersed Camping Areas
Kolob Terrace Rd is paved all the way into the north section of Zion National Park. There are dozens of sites along the way…
- North Creek Dispersed Areas – There are two areas marked with this name in the map. Both areas are along the east side of Kolob Terrace Rd. These areas are large enough for bigger RVs.
- Kolob Dispersed Area – This is located towards the southern half of the road, on the other side from Virgin BMX Track. It’s large enough for bigger RVs.
- Virgin BMX Track – This refers to the lands immediately south and north of the BMX Track. The track itself is on private property.
- Tent Sites – These sites are generally smaller in size, but may still be large enough to accommodate small to medium sized RVs. Most of these sites may require 4WD due to rocks, ruts, or soft dirt.
North Creek Camping Rules
The BLM has not set any specific camping rules for areas along North Creek and Kolob Terrace Rd. Utah BLM rules apply (download official document)
- There is a 14-day camping limit while occupying any campsite on BLM-managed lands.
- Only travel on designated routes. Check with local offices for off-roading information.
- Camp only in previously disturbed sites or areas.
- Do not dispersed camp in the vicinity of developed recreation sites such as picnic areas,
- campgrounds or trailheads. Do not camp in livestock watering areas.
- Do not trench, dig or level your site. Do not cut tree limbs to fit your tent or trailer.
- Pack out all trash.
Utah BLM offers the following recommendations for campfires while dispersed camping…
- Be aware of any current fire restrictions listed on www.utahfireinfo.gov.
- Use existing fire rings or use a fire pan.
- Collect only dead and down wood; do not cut limbs.
- Do not leave fires unattended.
- Drown and stir your campfire before you go to bed or leave your site.
Our Advice for Camping along North Creek / Kolob Terrace Rd
- Boondocking sites along this area fill up quickly. It’s best to arrive between Monday to Thursday, and from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Outside of those days and hours, it’s going to be a challenge finding a site.
- Larger rigs are advised to camp at either Virgin BMX Track, Kolob Dispersed Area, or North Creek Dispersed Area, otherwise you may not be able to find a place to turn around.